Jobs & Internships
This Spring we’re recruiting an Earth Jurisprudence Programme Coordinator & Seed Sovereignty UK & Ireland Programme Manager. Read on for full details of both positions.
Earth Jurisprudence Programme Coordinator
4 days per week, London based or home working with willingness to travel.
Salary: £27,000 + (pro rata).
Earth Jurisprudence (EJ) recognises that the Earth is embedded in a lawful and ordered Universe. It is a philosophy, a way of seeing and relating to the living world out of which we have evolved and are inextricably a part. We are inspired by peoples who see life from an Earth-centred, rather than a human-centred perspective, and believe this goes to the heart of the paradigm shift required of the dominant world today.
Gaia’s EJ programme includes:
- Accompanying communities and civil society groups and coalitions in nurturing an EJ movement working at various levels
- Delivering an in-depth, 3-year training for African EJ practitioners and inductions for communities and civil society
- Strengthening an African EJ movement
- Monitoring developments globally in Earth Jurisprudence, Rights of Nature and allied movements
- Creativity in communications and advocacy.
The overall aim is to foster systemic transformation to Earth-centred practice, governance and policies. This is an exciting role to support this work, joining the Gaia team 4 days per week, 9:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Thursday. Salary £27,000 + (pro rata), depending on experience.
Please find full details of the role here. Complete the application form in the pack and send alongside your CV, outlining your career to date, plus any academic and professional qualifications.
Please send your application & CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Sunday 28thApril.
Seed Sovereignty UK & Ireland Programme Manager
3 days per week, London based or home working anywhere in the UK with willingness to travel.
Salary: £35,000 (pro rata).
The Seed Sovereignty UK & Ireland Programme started in 2017 with the aim to support the development of a biodiverse and ecologically sustainable seed system here on home soil. By January 2018, five Regional Coordinators were in post across Wales, Scotland, Ireland and England (x2), working closely with growers, small-scale seed producers and partners across the organic seed sector. Together we are working to increase the amount of agro-ecological (organic or open-pollinated) seed produced by trained growers and helping to create the conditions for a diverse and resilient seed system in the UK & Ireland.
The programme has three key aims:
- To grow, support and cultivate regional and national connections and collaboration across the organic and open-pollinated seed sector
- To support small-scale producers with skills, resources and information relating to seed production, saving and legislation
- To foster a more supportive environment for a biodiverse and ecologically sustainable seed system to thrive, leading to an increase in genetic diversity.
The Seed Sovereignty Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Programme Management & Strategy
- Communications & Visibility
- Fundraising & Legacy
Please find full details about the role and how to apply here. Complete the application form in the pack and send alongside your CV, outlining your career to date, plus any academic and professional qualifications.
Please send your application & CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Wednesday 1st May
Please check back for future opportunities or join our mailing list for updates delivered to your inbox.
We offer regular internships supporting a wide range of our programmes. We ensure that all our interns gain a range of experiences in communications, research and programme support.
If you would like to be considered for future internships at Gaia, please send an email with your CV to [email protected] and we will get back to you.