“An industrial civilization has come into being with the power to plunder the Earth in its deepest foundations, with awesome impact on its geological structure, its chemical constitution, and its living forms throughout the wide expanses of the land and the far reaches of the sea.
… The great work now, as we move in to the new millennium, is to carry out the transition from a period of human devastation of the Earth to a period when humans would be present to the planet in a mutually beneficial manner”. – Thomas Berry (1914-2009), Gaia Associate
If you clicked on this page, then we hope you will consider making a donation to the Gaia Foundation – and for that we thank you!
We are a very small team trying to do some very big things, and we’re often limited by the funds we’re able to generate. We love to work with people, organisations, funders who are committed to the same issues, as well as similar ways of working – through building long term collaborative relationship where we each give what we can – to enable movements for systemic change. Any support that you can give will go a long way, that we promise.
For more than 30 years we have remained committed to an inspiring global network of grassroots partners and global change-makers. Guided by the principles that small is beautiful and building affectionate alliance for the long term, has enabled us to respond quickly and provide strategic support just when it is most needed.
Small Grants Fund
Small, flexible grants enable the communities we and our partners work with, to respond to challenges or opportunities that arise unexpectedly. This fund enables us to respond quickly to opportunities or threats, building resilient and healthy communities and ecosystems – to catch the moment as it arises.
With your donation, our Small Grants Fund will support:
- Grassroots actions by indigenous communities – from Finland to Colombia – to protect, restore and re-wild forest lands and waters, especially when threatened by mining, dams, and other forms of land grabbing.
- Trainings in eco-cultural mapping with indigenous communities, for knowledge revival and legal recognition of their sacred natural sites and ancestral lands.
- Strategic information and creative communications, to nurture and encourage the transition beyond extractivism and support those who stand firm in protecting their ecosystems and cultures.
We Feed the World: Farmers and Fishers Fund
We Feed the World, our photographic exhibition and campaign, is a celebration of Earth’s diverse lands and waters, and the small-scale farmers and fisher-people putting food on our tables in diverse conditions, responding to climate change and revitalising the Earth. These farmers and fishers are the vital custodians of the food and farming systems we all need in a climatically disruptive world, now and in the future. They can make a major contribution to reversing our current suicidal trend.
With your support to our Farmers and Fishers Fund, we can:
- Work with seed custodians, especially women, to revive their diverse, nutritious, traditional seed varieties which are resilient to climate change.
- Boost the availability of good quality, locally grown and organic seed across the UK & Ireland to enhance the diversity of seeds available.
- Amplify the voices of small farmers and fisher-people through creative communications, and encourage more people to support diversity-rich, resilient food systems.
Thank you for your support at this critical time in our journey with Mother Earth. And thank you for entrusting us with your support!