We’re looking for an experienced Administrator to join our small team, for the Gaia office and learning centre. A description of the role and all the information you need to reply can be found below.
Office & Learning Centre Administrator
The position of Office / Learning Centre Administrator is a key role in Gaia’s small team who mostly work from home, and require a strong presence at our NW3 office and learning centre, ‘Gaia House’, to support the team and programmes, and for hosting meetings and visitors. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who lives locally.
The position will suit someone who loves organising, is an excellent multi-tasker, and has strong administrative skills suited to supporting a small and busy team and international partners. If you are self-motivated, spirited and have experience in admin as well as hosting, this could be the job for you!
The ideal candidate will be ready to start in July/August 2020.
If you are interested in joining the Gaia team, if you resonate with our work and values, and have the relevant skills, experience and enthusiasm for this post, please:
- Complete the Gaia Job Application Form
- Send the Form and a copy of your CV by email to Cristina Flores [[email protected]], with “Office and Learning Centre” in the subject line, to reach us by 24th June.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 24th June
Interview Dates: 6th July onwards (times to be arranged)
More about the role
To be the central cog that keeps the wheels of the Gaia Foundation team and its diverse programmes functioning smoothly, and provides a welcoming environment for our team and guests to Gaia’s office/learning centre (‘Gaia House’) in Hampstead.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Admin support for the Gaia team, including digital filing; coordinating diaries and meetings, annual leave, team calls and rhythms, quarterly reporting etc; hosting video-calls for the team and learning events; keeping track of team compliance with health and safety, safeguarding, ethical practices, GDPR and other charity requirements; liaison with suppliers and service providers.
- Programme support, such as tracking donor reporting; arranging travel (national/international), visas and insurance; logistics for UK and international venues and meeting; securing quotes for the provision of services.
- Gaia Learning Centre care-taking and hosting, such as coordinating or hosting (including catering as necessary) small meetings, talks and workshops; overseeing the preparation of guest-rooms and the cleaning or maintenance of the house and garden for visitors and events.
- Secretarial support to the Board of Trustees, such as assisting the Finance Manager to prepare and circulate Board meeting materials; taking minutes at Trustee and team meetings; supporting the Chair of the Trustees with email correspondence or calls.
Required experience & desirable skills:
We are more interested in experience in office administration and in running a community or learning centre. Ease of access to Hampstead will be essential, as the position requires a daily presence and flexibility to attend to visitors or events at weekends or evenings if required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 and excellent computer skills are required.
The position will suit someone who has a calm nature and enjoys multi-tasking and problem-solving. The successful applicant will have strong written and oral communication skills and a passion for working with others on ecological, social and climate justice issues.
Experience in taking care of communal places and hosting small public events or gatherings is essential.
Terms and conditions:
This is a part-time, 25 hours (spread over 5 days) position. Gaia operates a six-month probationary period. Annual leave is 25 days plus public holidays (pro rata for part-time).